This position, Sr. Account Manager, is the senior job within the Lubricants’ sales job family. Incumbents are responsible for achieving assigned financial and volume goals by securing profitable sales in assigned territory through business relationships with existing customers and solicitation of new accounts. Jobholders will initiate sales efforts to expand opportunities with current and new products at present and target accounts in order to support long term strategies for profitability. Incumbents gather market data on pricing and competitive terms and communicate relevant market data to management and other sales personnel. At this level, incumbents will have a greater level of experience and expertise and are expected to operate with more independence and autonomy than those in lower levels. Jobholders must be able to compose and direct communications with customers and provide basic technical and application assistance to customers. Interface with appropriate personnel to resolve service, credit, quality and pricing issues. At this level, objectives are more broadly defined, incumbents are typically awarded greater latitude for independent decision making and supervision tends to be after-the-fact. While not a supervisory position, heavily experienced incumbents at this level may serve as mentors to less experienced staff.
High School Diploma, Bachelors degree is preferred, but fifteen years of field experience would equate to degree value.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is eight.
1. Customer/ Industry Engagement - Communicate, correspond and visit with existing and potential customers in accordance with daily, weekly and monthly appointment schedules or as impromptu circumstances require. Retain and profitably grow existing business, while pursuing profitable growth opportunities with prospective customers. Evaluate new markets with existing product line. Communicate and compare competitive product information. Studies competition to understand the marketplace and communicates changes in competitive programs, prices, logistics and philosophies to CITGO management. Also is able to evaluate the strengths and weakness in the market to maximize successful sales when opportunities arise.
2. Sales Administration- Develops client/prospect plans by leading a joint company/customer planning produces that identifies relevant customer needs, prioritizes initiatives and company investments, and establishes a clear action plan for success. Compile, analyze and promulgate information pertaining to programs, products, volumes, prices, personnel, facilities, maintain CRM information, service/quality requirements, credit worthiness and general understanding of business for total customer base – existing and potential.
3. Customer Support & Development – Proactively manages customers’ satisfaction and service delivery by anticipating potential problems and monitoring satisfaction. Evaluate coverage of major markets with existing CITGO customers with respect to product lines, facilities, management/personnel expertise, and industry. Consult with customers on good business practices in order to improve the sales of CITGO products. Recommend, present and monitor marketing programs to support the business.
4. Price Analysis & Control- Ascertain, compare and validate customer prices. Negotiate, submit for approval and disseminate all price changes. Prepare, maintain and distribute price letters, price supports and pricing history.
5. Budgetary Development & Control – Prepare, submit and approve annual sales plan by product, customer, territory and contribution. Prepare and submit expense budgets, expense accounts, and car reports. Examine and review daily, weekly and monthly sales reports. Develop and initiate any corrective plans.
6. Credit Control – Work with the appropriate Credit Manager to establish a Line of Credit for each account. Review corrective proposals for delinquent accounts as needed. Monitor payments performance and coordinate with the Credit Department with respect to payment collection and sales approval.
7. Direct Sales – Research, prospect, schedule, and affect the sales process with direct/national accounts that reside outside of typical marketer volumetric or service range. (15K-50K Volume). Account set-up, credit approval, execution of the account, and consistent customer service and satsfaction follow-up is expected.