This position is responsible for completing complex and technical financial analysis and interpretation and documentation of financials. This includes handling most accounting problems with minimum assistance. Obtains information from and coordinates the flow of information with other departments to resolve complex accounting problems. Technical input is used in developing accounting policies and practices. Prepares specialized reports/statements/reconciliations. May function as a team leader for lower level Accountants. Generally works independently choosing the appropriate work methods to complete an assignment.
College Degree (Bachelor's Level) in Accounting, Finance, Economics.
The minimum number of years of experience is five years.
1. Assist and support Manager Financial Reporting, Internal Control & Technical Accounting as the Controller’s Department representatives leading discussions and/or participating in deal structuring early and upfront to assure correct awareness and application of GAAP effects including effects on architecture of ownership structure and effective operational control.
2. Manages closure of principles-related issues as originated by the Audit Committee of the CITGO Board of Directors, the Corporate Controller, and internal and independent auditors.
3. Monitor industry reference sources of breaking compliance and restatement risk issues.
4. Directs, controls, and administers formal Corporate accounting policy and procedure intranet.
5. Leads staff training and development with regard to the most challenging technical accounting topics and current issues, including development of a formal recap of current developments specifically pertinent to CITGO.
6. Other duties as assigned.