This position has Director level responsibilities for managing the income tax provision and federal compliance functions. Ensure the tax laws and GAAP are properly applied for CITGO Petroleum Corporation and affiliated operations in accordance with the company’s objectives and policies. Performs appropriate analysis of financial and operating transactions to determine the federal tax implications. Responsible for managing the federal income tax function to provide adequate internal controls in the areas of tax compliance, tax audits, tax provisions and financial statement disclosures. Manages and directs the activities of the tax professionals and provides training, facilitates interaction with other work groups, establishes goals and objectives and sets performance criteria. Conducts performance reviews.
College Degree (Bachelors Level)
1. Direct and manage accounting for income tax functions. This includes overall responsibility for the quarterly and year-end tax provisions and related tax accounting, financial statement disclosures, etc. Ensure internal controls are adequately designed and adhered too. Develop and manage processes for external financial reporting and working with external auditors.
2. Direct and manage the preparation and filing of federal income tax returns for CITGO, its affiliates and other related companies. Coordinate compliance efforts with the Manager, State Taxes.
3. Provide leadership and direction for special projects that impact the tax provision and compliance reporting, including implementation of new accounting standards or tax guidance.
4. Work with the Manager, Tax Planning in responding to information request from the IRS associated with IRS audits.
5. Perform tax research, as needed, including working with operational groups and Manager, Tax Planning on tax initiatives, reviewing contracts and other documents, identifying opportunities to reduce cash taxes and responding to general inquiries for tax advice as they relate to the tax provision and tax compliance.
6. Provide tax support to parent company and shareholder, including administration of tax allocation agreements and responding to general inquiries for tax advice.
7. Miscellaneous: Income tax department administration functions, such as employee evaluation and training, budgeting, etc. Also includes professional training and development.