Responsible for development, implementation, documentation and administration of Compensation programs, policies and procedures, salary guidelines and job evaluations. Conducts and participates in salary surveys. Provides analyses and planning in areas such as market studies, job evaluation and systems development. Performs as project lead for annual Merit and Bonus processes. Advises managers and supervisors regarding compensation issues. Serves as Project Leaders for corporate initiatives as directed by the Executive group.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related or the equivalent in experience.
Strong computer skills are required.
Experience in compensation issue resolution and analytical techniques is required.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 5 years
1. Researches and develops new job evaluation methodologies ensuring “best practices” is a part of recommendations provided to Executive group. Works with department managers and supervisors in the completion of job descriptions. Provides assistance to write the descriptions, observes the jobs (if needed) to suggest specific duties to emphasize and answers questions from supervisors and employees. Performs job evaluation on the descriptions and recommends band assignment.
2. Works closely with Managers/Supervisors to develop job specifications insuring consistency with other jobs in the same band and family progressions. Secures review and approval by department management and decides when the job specification is final. Works with administrative support for entry on web-site. Reviews final web-site for accuracy.
3. Independently completes a large number of complex surveys on exempt and nonexempt jobs. Determines the matching of market to CITGO jobs. Gathers all required information for reporting purposes working from the Field locations and Subject Matter Expert Managers. Involves Subject Matter Expert/department management in benchmark job matching in the case of new surveys or jobs and implements a periodic review schedule with department management.
4. Analyzes all market data for inclusion in determination of structure adjustments. Completes an internal comparison of employees to market data and recommends salary adjustments as needed.
5. Implements Merit Planning and Bonus Planning processes. Performs specific analyses such as actual to budget and analysis of merit matrix guidelines. Provides guidance and direction to managers, supervisors, and HR Consultants in implementation and issue resolution.
6. Conducts special market studies, analyzes results and makes recommendations to management.
7. Completes market analyses for focused technical areas such as Engineering, I.T., Audit, etc. and makes recommendations for action as needed to maintain competitive position.
8. Identifies compensation processes and is a critical part of the development of salary administration guidelines and compensation procedures. Reviews salary recommendations for bona fide promotions, band promotions and level movements. Works with HR Managers and Consultants in resolving compensation issues.