(1) OPERATE AND MANAGE THE TERMINAL IN A SAFE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY SOUND MANNER TO FOSTER A ZERO INCIDENT CULTURE
Conduct safety meetings with employees and review safety procedures with customers and contractors to raise safety awareness levels, to ensure compliance with a multitude of laws and regulations, and to avoid death and injury.
Manage daily terminal inspections looking for unsafe work conditions or environmental concerns to ensure a safe and environmentally sound operation.
Review, understand, and apply the information found in corporate manuals, permits, regulations, safety rules, and environmental procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and internal guidelines.
Complete and submit safety and environmental reports in a timely manner to avoid violations, fines, and other penalties.
(2) SUPERVISE AND DIRECT TERMINAL OPERATIONS
Implement and enforce the operational, technical, and administrative guidelines in the Terminal Operations Reference Set (TORS) by delegating duties, conducting meetings and reviews, and promoting teamwork with the employees.
Supervise the receipt of petroleum products into storage and the delivery of same to our customers via the truck loading rack, marine loading docks, or pipeline systems.
Establish local protocols to provide around-the-clock service to our customers by requiring employees to work ever-changing schedules and fulfill on-call obligations that are dictated by the business needs.
Manage the safe and reliable use of the terminal assets by the many customers and truck drivers who rely on CITGO everyday for the products needed to keep their businesses running.
Develop new and better ways to operate the terminal more safely and efficiently by using the process of continuous improvement, by testing new products from contractors and vendors, and by staying abreast of industry trends by maintaining relationships with our competitors.
(3) HELP THE TERMINAL MANAGER PREPARE, IMPLEMENT, AND CONTROL BUDGETS
Assess the viability and cost of current operations and project future costs to operate and maintain them to the standards established by CITGO.
Monitor parameters, control expenses, take corrective actions if excesses develop, and weigh the impacts of project cancellations and delays to ensure that budget projections are achieved and a cost-effective operation is maintained.
(4) EFFECTIVELY REPORT TERMINAL ACTIVITIES
Track the monthly activities in and around the terminal and prepare daily, monthly, and quarterly reports.
Communicate with CITGO marketers, Joint Venture partner, exchange partners, common carriers, and CITGO Territory Sales Managers to verify service levels, to mediate problems, to advise of product outages, and to inform of scheduled maintenance downtime.
Communicate supply, demand, and inventory positions to CITGO’s Supply Department to achieve minimum inventories and acceptable outage levels.
Monitor pricing and rack activity at CITGO and competitor terminals and communicate noteworthy information to CITGO’s pricing analysts.
(5) VERIFY AND PROVIDE QUALITY PETROLEUM PRODUCTS
Verify that gasolines, diesel fuels, heating oils, and jet fuels meet specifications per the CITGO Fuel Quality Control Manual by sampling, testing, documenting, and controlling each product stream as it enters and leaves the terminal.
Develop detailed tank conversion plans to convert to the lower Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) gasolines during the industry transition to the summer grades and to ensure compliance.
Monitor and schedule the removal of tank bottom sludge to ensure unadulterated, quality products are available to our customers.
(6) MANAGE CUSTOMER RELATIONS AND SUPPORT A POSITIVE IMAGE IN THE SURROUNDING COMMUNITY
Provide high service levels and open communication lines to attain high customer satisfaction.
Supervise the processes necessary to keep the property, plant, and equipment in a well-maintained condition that is functional, reliable, and conveys a positive CITGO image.
(7) TRAIN AND DEVELOP TERMINAL PERSONNEL
Conduct training classes and supervise individual training efforts to meet the minimum regulatory-required training for each employee at the terminal.
Use the Employee Development Plan (EDP) to document employee’s development needs and related implementation plans.
Review and solicit training material to help employees develop the skills needed for fulfillment and advancement.
Coach, counsel, and encourage employees to hone their existing skills and learn new ones by conducting performance reviews and documenting such in the EDP.
Delegate higher-level tasks to subordinates and teach them the skills needed to do the job; succeed; and, ultimately, advance.
Promote a One Company - One Team work environment where terminal personnel are motivated to achieve their maximum potential and to accomplish their performance measures/goals; Foster honest and open communications; Recognize performance achievements as a team and individually.
(8) MANAGE COMPANY ASSETS
- Supervise the proper measurement of inbound and outbound petroleum products to protect inventories.
- Reconcile daily the physical terminal inventories to the corporate book inventories in SAP; investigate variations beyond acceptable levels; and initiate corrections, adjustments, or repairs.
- Coordinate product movements with the Supply Department to minimize outages and to ensure ratable supply.
- Supervise the maintenance of the delivery and control equipment to minimize downtime, customer inconvenience, and cost.
- Contribute to solutions and initiate action plans as identified in Marketing’s Terminal By Terminal (TBT) action plans.
- Coordinate the inspection, maintenance, repair, and painting of the facility’s storage tanks and piping to CITGO’s standards.
(9) MANAGE CAPITAL AND EXPENSE PROJECTS FOR TERMINAL EXPANSION OR REPAIRS
Develop project scopes, research options, and prepare Engineering Work Requests to design the project to attain the business goal.
Implement CITGO’s corporate guidelines by completing AFE justifications, coordinating the creation of bid packages with the Purchasing Department, and soliciting contractor and vendor bids.
Supervise and oversee on-site contractors, inspect vendor products, and track costs properly in SAP to ensure the project costs do not overrun the budget and that CITGO obtains value for its budgeted dollars.
(10) PREPARE FOR EMERGENCIES AND PROVIDE RESPONSE IF NEEDED