Lead Auditor is responsible for performing internal control reviews of financial and operational processes, internal control testing, regulatory compliance reviews, and vendor audits for CITGO Petroleum Corp, within the areas of refining, supply and marketing, terminals, and lubricants. Auditors gain an understanding of the operations, assess business risks and controls which mitigate risks, perform testing of controls to ensure effectiveness, and report audit results to management. Given the geographic dispersion of the company’s business assets, approximately 20-30 percent travel within the US will be required.
College Degree in Finance/Accounting/Engineering though other Business Degrees are considered.
CPA or CIA certified preferred but not required.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is eight or more years of operational internal audit, public accounting, and/or Sarbanes-Oxley work experience is also required.
We are looking for experienced Lead Auditors to join our team. Audit work is generally completed in teams of 2-5 auditors; and the audit teams are comprised of a Lead Auditor and Staff Auditors. Lead Auditors are responsible for conducting audit assignments in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, CITGO Internal Audit methodology, company policies and procedures. Responsibilities include:
1. Planning audits, including obtaining background information on the business function being audited, performing a risk and control assessment, defining the audit scope and objectives, and assigning work responsibilities to staff auditors.
2. Managing the audit fieldwork, including reviewing the staff’s audit programs and work papers, advising client and audit management of issues identified throughout the audit, and working with client management to identify solutions to control deficiencies.
3. Writing audit reports to client management and executive management to gain commitment of the action plans which mitigate control gaps or ineffective controls, maintaining effective client relationships and promoting internal controls and control awareness throughout the corporation.
4. Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate; and attending external and internal training to develop and maintain skills necessary to understand and respond to business and client needs.
5. Train, motivate, and develop senior and corporate auditors.
6. Prepare and provide ad-hoc analyses and reports on business transactional data.