CITGO, based in Houston, is a refiner, transporter, and marketer of transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products. The company is owned by CITGO Holding, Inc., an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A., the national oil company of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. CITGO has more than 3,400 employees, a combined aggregate crude oil refining capacity of 749,000 bpd and 48 owned and/or operated petroleum product terminals, which position us as one of the largest most complex independent refiners in the U.S.
Entry level duties include:
- Provide engineering support to refinery on all capital and routine projects for safety and loss control issues. Identify hazards introduced through the projects by experience and knowledge of codes and standards or by getting advice of other safety department personnel.
- Responsible for proposing safeguards to identified hazards and working with engineering groups to specify necessary safety and fire equipment
- Work with element owners to continually improve the facility’s Process Safety Management Programs
- Participate in Project Hazard Analysis and Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Develop direction for Loss Control Program. Work with insurance broker & corporate risk consultants to conduct loss control analysis for the refinery processes, conduct risk control analysis to identify projects with the greatest cost benefit for potential loss reduction.
- Project Manager for small safety and capital projects. Develop AFE’s (Authorization for Expenditure), project design basis, detailed engineering documents, and project execution plan as necessary for project. Manage the project to ensure design is implemented per the execution plan and within budget.
- Monitor operating condition of fire water system pressure and pump operations to assure reliable operations. Communicate to the firewater system stakeholders when necessary (Praxair/Lake Charles Pipeline). Responsible for reviewing preventative maintenance programs for the prevention of failure on demand for safety/firewater systems.
- Oversee all facility siting issues
- Support Safety Instrumented System development for refinery
CITGO’s Attractive Benefits:
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(K) Retirement and Savings Plan
- Pension Plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Discretionary Performance Incentive Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- 9/80 Work Schedule