This position is responsible for the trading and supply operations of CITGO’s total company renewable fuel activity. Additionally, the Renewable Fuel Supply Manager is responsible for tracking all renewable fuel product and transportation costs, negotiating third party renewable fuel storage contracts, optimizing CITGO equity renewable fuel tanks, preparation of RIN budgets, and RIN supply forecasts for current as well as future needs. Other primary responsibilities include independently managing the overall term contract process for renewable fuel supply as well as leading the Renewable Fuel Committee within CITGO to develop strategies that ensure CITGO is compliant with the RFS requirements as set forth by the federal government. This position will work with the Terminal Facilities Managers, and RSA Managers in planning and executing renewable fuel strategies as well as directing the activities of the renewable fuel schedulers.
Excellent negotiation, analytical, organization, leadership, and communication skills are required. Knowledge of renewable fuel and logistics systems needed. Computer skills should include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP proficiency. An excellent industry reputation is required.
College Degree (Bachelors Level) preferred
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 5
Without a college degree a minimum of 10 years job related experience is required.
1. Negotiate all renewable fuel supply and terminal agreements for each supply region with outside companies. This includes monitoring contract requirements, regularly evaluating supply and logistics alternatives, and capitalizing on opportunities for additional revenue generation. Independently manage the overall term contract process for renewable fuel supply which includes purchasing and selling on a spot or term basis as required to meet CITGO’s overall supply needs, optimizing differentials and contractual terms as business and market conditions change, working with the Transportation Group to negotiate favorable trucking rates, and managing the terminal agreement relationships with outside companies. This position is responsible for guiding the development of market analysis, evaluating competing options, and working with Marketing to ensure contractual agreements meet Marketing’s needs. Other requirements include analyzing the current renewable fuels market environment, maintaining relationships with renewable fuel suppliers, and staying abreast of market dynamics.
2. Chair the Renewable Fuel Committee and facilitate project development. Direct long range renewable fuel project planning, analysis, and project justification. Report conclusions and recommend supply and operational strategies to management. Analyze current renewable fuel projects to continually improve supply chain and economics. Stay informed of market conditions, plant turnarounds, competitor plans, and future trends in order to understand the economic impact. Monitor the changing renewable fuels quality and regulatory requirements and promote sustainable development of CITGO’s renewable fuels program alongside the Quality and Regulatory groups. This will include monitoring and evaluating programs and reporting results to management and customers as well as recommending updates to CITGO’s renewable fuel specifications when necessary.
3. Manage the activities of renewable fuel schedulers to ensure workload between individuals in similar positions is balanced and aligned with job requirements. Monitor performance of employees, and address performance issues. Conduct regular performance reviews, and recommend/determine salary and bonuses. Provide training, coaching, motivation and education to develop the skill set of each employee under supervision.
4. Analyze and determine all renewable fuel product distribution costs and transfer prices including the identification and evaluation of alternative cost structures and quantifying differences within the constraints of SAP. Identify differences between supply costs and transfer pricing to Marketing. Chair the renewable fuel portion of the bi-annual PDC review and ensure the accuracy of product distribution costs supplied to marketing. Direct the editing of the Region PDC bibliography and ensure accuracy for renewable product components. Publish ongoing renewable fuel costs to pricing and marketing to ensure they have correct values in their profitability models via the quarterly recap. Analyze renewable fuel trade and project economics regularly to determine areas of improvement in purchase price, logistics, and contract timing.
5. Direct the resolution of planned and unplanned renewable fuel related supply disruptions in the most cost effective and timely manner. In cooperation with Quality and Regulatory, evaluate and determine the scope of the problem and direct the resolution of all supply problems concerning off spec or contaminated products which involve renewable fuels. Coordinate procedures with Marketing, Pricing, Customer Service, Pipelines, Terminals, Exchange Partners, Suppliers, Accounting, Legal, and Product Quality personnel to establish and follow procedures for resolution of problems.
6. Establish, monitor, and evaluate the renewable fuel inventory operating targets for the total Company, addressing and resolving those targets not met, evaluating the economic impact of inventory variances and determine the best course of action for future operation to meet CITGO’s economic and supply objectives. Forecast CITGO’s ability to meet the Renewable Volume Obligation created by the Renewable Fuel Standard via renewable fuel blending and report to management.
7. Back up to the 3 RSA Managers when they are on vacation, business, or out on leave.