Develop the skills and knowledge necessary to assume the position of a Light Oils Sr. Territory Manager. Assist with the management of an assigned territory to secure profitable sales to maximize earnings through CITGO’s branded Marketers under the direction of the Light Oils sales and marketing teams. Develop working relationships with new and existing customers as well as internal CITGO personnel. Develop a working knowledge of (1) CITGO’s Supply model and understand how Supply interacts with Sales at the terminal level and throughout the distribution chain; (2) CITGO’s pricing model and understand the impact of pricing upon CITGO’s branded customers, and (3)CITGO’s Payment Card, Customer Service, Marketing Programs, and Branding operations. Understand the methodologies used to develop budgets and marketing forecasts. Spend time in the field under the supervision of a Senior Territory Sales Manager and directly manage the marketing programs for that Territory including, contract compliance, new branding actions, and program implementation. Assist with the coordination of all activities between our customers and the various departments at CITGO corporate.
Minimum of Associates degree in Business Administration or Management degree preferred. Computer skills should include Microsoft, Word, Excel.
Prior sales experience is preferred but not required.
The individual must be able to work well with others, perform well under pressure, manage multiple tasks and be able to execute. Some travel is required.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 2
1. Assist the Senior Territiory Sales Managers in developing and managing an assigned territory, including the development of a sales and marketing strategy, soliciting and managing sales to light oils customers to meet sales and financial objectives. Assist with the retention of exisiting business and handling all and various customer needs. Assist in the evaluation and analysis of the market to maximize successful sales when opportunities arise. Function in a back up role for the Senior Territory Sales Manager and for individuals in PCO and Customer service as rquired.
2. Assist with managing CITGO’s financial resources, budgets-including expense budgets, branding budgets, goodwill budget, and other assets. With the direction of the Senior Territory Sales Manager and the Region Manager negotiate and review contracts, monitor Image Value Program, initiate Competitive Allowance program for submission to management in keeping with the long range Go To Market strategy necessary to meet Marketing budget, sales and profit objectives.
3. Assist with the recommendation for approval or disapproval the branding of marketer retail outlets in accordance with image and cost objectives. Develop and analyze the financial impact of new and renewal business. Assist in the development of territory business plans and help set annual objectives for the customer.
4. Assist with monitoring, reviewing, and making recommendations when negotiating contracts for management approval in accordance with long and short range goals to meet sales and profit objectives, and maintaining ratable contract sales. Ensure Marketer compliance with contract requirements including volume, ratability, and other contract related items.
5. Facilitate accurate, timely and effective communication between CITGO and its customers. Prioritize and manage time to meet the established objectives, including various administrative and communication responsibilities via phone, fax, e-mail and written correspondence. Exhibit excellent oral and written skills combined with the required computer skills needed to communicate effectively. Manage special projects as directed by management.
7. Obtain and furnish competitive information including pricing, programs and policies. Assist in the analysis of the competition to understand the marketplace and communicate changes in programs, prices, and philosophies to CITGO management. Make recommendations to management on appropriate actions by CITGO Marketing to maintain competitiveness.
8. Participate in approved state and regional activities that are pertinent to our industry and of benefit to CITGO.