Assist in the preparation of all quarterly and annual financial statements and annual audit reports with accompanying footnotes. Serve as key CITGO contact for external auditors. Assist in the preparation of monthly reporting to PDVSA. Perform special projects and analysis as requested. Assist in the preparation of accounting policies and procedures. Resolve accounting issues by reference to authoritative accounting literature.
1. Assist in preparation and document/maintain supporting information for all quarterly and annual required financial statements.
2. Serve as key interface between external auditors and CITGO to obtain requested information and explanations for inquiries as they relate to quarterly reviews and interim/final audit work. This task requires the ability to conduct projects simultaneously with other quarterly and annual reporting duties; the ability to instruct, direct and check the work of others; and the ability to resolve coordination problems.
3. Prepare monthly reports for use by PDVSA, Budget and Financial Planning department and basis for reporting to banks and rating agencies.
4. Coordinate or prepare, reconcile and document financial reporting projects/analysis (includes special projects, requests from management and external auditors, and assistance in filing of government agency reports).
5. Ability to research generally accepted accounting principles, collect data and make determination of reporting requirements. Understanding how the company financial/operational processes and strategy impacts CITGO's reports and disclosures. Instruct, direct and check the work of others. Represent Financial Reporting on behalf of Financial Reporting Manager in various meetings when necessary.