First level for the Compensation Analyst function which serves as a co-project lead in all annual processes, i.e. Merit and Bonus for training and development purposes. Provides back-up and support to all levels of the Compensation Team to broaden the exposure to all topics or issues which can occur in the Compensation role. Researches and assists in the development, documentation and administration of Compensation programs, policies and procedures, salary guidelines and job evaluations. Provides preliminary reports for salary survey participation, market studies and systems development under the direction of the Senior Compensation Analyst and the Manager Compensation.
Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related. Strong computer skills are required, i.e. Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook and SAP experience a plus. Team oriented and ability to multi-task critical. Must have ability to deal with highly confidential materials and topics professionally.
The minumum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 2.
1. Coordinates, compiles and researches all aspects in the job evaluation process by working with Senior Compensation Analyst, HR Consultants, Manager of Compensation along with CITGO Managers/Supervisors in the completion of job descriptions. This may involve providing assistance to write the descriptions, observation of the jobs to suggest specific duties to emphasize and answering questions from supervisors and employees.
2. Researches, develops and drafts the job family job specifications insuring consistency with other jobs in the same band. Secures review and approval by department management and works with administrative support for entry on web-site. Reviews final web-site for accuracy.
3. Compiles preliminary reports from SAP to assist in the completion of a large number of surveys covering exempt and nonexempt positions under the review of a Senior Compensation Analyst or General Compensation Manager.
4. Tracks all organizational changes and gathers the appropriate source documentation to ensure all salary recommendations for bonafide promotions, band promotions and level movements have the appropriate approvals for recommendations prior to SAP implementation or employee communication. Completes Increase Activity reporting with specific divisional analysis on quarterly basis.
5. Serves as co-project lead to assist in the implementation of Merit Planning and Bonus Planning processes.