Supervise the activities and production of 4 accounts payable processors that process payments for suppliers, contractors, and employees. Analyze strategic data and statistics from company-wide accounts payable processing activity. Monitor all payment exceptions to ensure timely correction of all accounts payable cash disbursements. Maintain compliance with federal 1099 reporting regulations and unclaimed property reporting requirements. Support all internal and external customers with the resolution of any delayed accounts payable payments and resolution of returned cash transactions. Be the expert for CITGO regarding processing invoices for payment and verifying systems of authority.
1. Direct supervision of 8 accounts payable personnel. Analyze and resolve daily conflicts, and coordinate workflow to make sure invoices are paid timely while following CITGO’s policies and procedures.
2. Manage the communication with internal and external customers to expedite the payment process and ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice payments. Coordinate processes with CITGO Purchasing Department and CITGO Treasury to resolve invoicing and cash disbursement issues and streamline the “procure to pay” process. Ensure timely distribution and posting of all urgent, time sensitive invoices and payment requests.
3. Train, develop, set performance, measures, and establish priorities. Delegate tasks for the most efficient completion. Evaluate performance, perform yearly appraisals. Review candidates to fill vacancies, adjust staffing as workflow changes.
4. Establish and maintain corporate, departmental, and desk policies and procedures as they relate to accounts payable, systems of authority, employee expense reimbursement, invoice processing, 1099 reporting, and unclaimed property (escheat) compliance.
5. Monitor all A/P invoice processing activity and provide management reports detailing processing statistics, productivity, account balances, aging items, exception handling, etc.
6. Review exception entries on CITGO’s electronic bank statement to resolve ACH and wire payment exceptions. Book appropriate accounting entries to re-send returned funds and resolve imbalances in all AP clearing accounts.
7. Maintain familiarity with current and proposed 1099 and unclaimed property reporting regulations. Ensure CITGO’s compliance with 1099 and unclaimed property reporting deadlines. Coordinate information with CITGO’s Master Data department to properly classify CITGO vendors as 1099 reportable.
8. Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide reports, documents, explain procedures; demonstrate functions to the satisfaction of the auditors.
9. Perform special projects in Accounts Payable as requested by the Corporate Accounts Payable Supervisor, including the support of payables activity for the Simon Bolivar Foundation and the PDVSA Procurement Services Agreement.