Provide procurement support for all assigned locations in accordance with Company policies, procedures and strategic goals. Identify opportunities for Strategic Sourcing, establish and maintain outline agreements for the high profile commodities and services required by the CORPORATION. Development of business cases for CITGO’s Top Management.
Place purchase orders, bids, selects and negotiates with approved vendors and evaluates vendor reliability; obtains material and services from suppliers at the lowest cost, with consideration to quality, reliability and delivery needs and schedules deliveries. Develops formal contracts for services and repetitive material purchases. Performs, analyzes and conducts industry research as needed.
15 years related experience (20 years in lieu of degree)
1. Identify opportunities for Strategic Sourcing for key commodities and services.
Manage the Supplier Base by performing market analysis and research for evaluating and selecting new suppliers and report findings to Management. Perform all tasks associated with management of the supplier population, including communication with new/potential suppliers with an emphasis on Supplier Diversity to discuss mutual interests and new opportunities and evaluation and selection of potential suppliers for pre-qualification. Advise purchasing management and affected client groups of significant events affecting the normal supply of goods and services as well as effectiveness and produce cost savings.
2. Establish and maintain contracts and Outline Agreements for high profile commodities and services (High Impact for CORPORATION).
Negotiate with qualified vendors for price, delivery and quality to establish contract. Implement selective long term agreements based on vendor quality, value and opportunities to increase automation. Be involved in team effort with clients and other staff resources. Possess an understanding of market conditions and perform an in-depth value and quality analysis of each requirement.
3. Solicit formal and informal supplier bids for materials and services and develop business case.
Analyze proposals, negotiate terms and award the business. Perform all steps necessary to prepare and release an RFP or RFQ. Assist user/requisitioner in developing specifications and/or requirements.
4. Review customers’ requisitions and process Purchase Orders in SAP to procure materials and services at the most favorable price consistent with requirements for quantity, quality and delivery to support the corporate office and field locations.
A. Establish and maintain secure sources for required materials and services.
B. Coordinate with client groups to jointly evaluate performance of existing suppliers and contractors and determine any need for alternates.
C. Negotiate, execute and administer purchase orders, contracts, leases and national account programs
D. Coordinate as necessary activities of involved parties (clients, vendors, contractors, traffic, legal, etc.) to ensure proper performance of all contracts.
5. Resolve a variety of purchasing issues/problems for both internal and external customers (i.e., unblock invoices to secure payment for vendors, provide expediting services as necessary, disputes for “out of scope” changes, etc).
6. Support special projects in response to various customer and management requests for one-of-a-kind projects.
7. Serve as a team member for After Hours call-out for approximately seven weeks on 24-hour call to support any type of crisis under CITGO’s responsibility. Support other areas of procurement when necessary.