Lead the CITGO Lubricants Procurement Department in accordance with CITGO procurement policies and procedures. Lead Lubricants efforts to obtain quality raw materials and services to meet the requirements of the Business Unit at the lowest possible total cost. Oversee the selection of vendors, specification of products and services, issuance of contractual agreements, risk mitigation, and commercial terms and conditions for Non-Hydrocarbon transactions. Ensure sound business practices are established and followed as well as that contract terms and conditions and pricing are being applied as contracted.
In conjunction with Lubes Supply Chain Management proactively manage supplier consignment inventory levels by developing effective inventory targets to meet business unit demand and minimizing inventory holding and transportation costs. Performs, analyzes and conducts industry research as needed. This position supervises other procurement professionals and interacts regularly with Lubes Staff, other departments and external suppliers.
College degree (Bachelors) plus 8 years experience, or 12 years equivalent experience.
Proven capabilities in making informed decisions, identifying and resolving procurement, planning, inventory and logistics issues in a complex manufacturing environment. The Manager must be a strong communicator, negotiator, facilitator and team builder. The Manager must be able to work in a high stress environment, multi-task, manage complexity and think with a long-term perspective. The Manager must be able to influence decisions and actions of individuals and organizations with no direct reporting line, particularly within plant operations, and the sales and customer service teams
1. Manage the Lubricants Procurement Department in accordance with company procedures and strategic goals. Identify opportunities to enhance procurement activities throughout CITGO’s operation: (a) Identify opportunities for national and/or regional supply agreements. (b) Develop supplier management metrics. (c) actively communicate with other sites.
2. Oversee the establishment and maintenance of Outline Agreements and individual contracts for lubricants commodities and services. Implement selective multi-year agreements based on vendor quality, value and opportunities to increase automation. Possess an understanding of market conditions and ensure that an
in-depth value and quality analysis is performed for each requirement.
3. Supervise the production and activities of purchasing staff. Ensure in area of responsibility that assigned staff are trained, following procedures, and that process changes/improvements are properly implemented. Ensure that purchasing staff understand their fiduciary responsibilities to CITGO and that all commercial transactions are conducted fairly and ethically.
4. Evaluate processes and practices for effectiveness, efficiency, and consistency. Propose changes or modify processes to better adapt to changing business environment and/or to enhance deliverables to the business units.
5. Review and approve major contracting strategies, solicitation of bids and planned leases. Advise purchasing management and affected client groups of significant events affecting the normal supply of goods and services as well as effectiveness of contracting strategies. Ensure that department produces cost savings and avoidances in accordance with department goals. Develop business cases for CITGO’s Top Management.
6. Coordinate finalization of agreements and engagement of CITGO Risk & Legal Departments as required to resolve non-commercial contract terms and conditions issues and reduce overall risk for CITGO.
7. Support special projects in response to various customer and management requests for one-of-a-kind projects.
8. Work with the Business Unit to identify opportunities to optimize CITGO raw material inventories, reduce SKU’s (stock keeping units), and reduce inventory obsolescence.