Manage assigned territory to secure profitable sales to maximize earnings through CITGO’s branded Marketers under Region Manager’s direction. Establish a positive working relationship with new and existing customers as well as internal CITGO personnel to drive results. Prospect and secures new Distributors and new Distributor branded accounts. Responsible for knowledge transfer from CITGO to our customers. Manages budgets and assets of the company along with marketing and sales programs. Responsible for forecasting sales and the compilation of various reports as required. Advises customers of all marketing programs and assures customers participation as appropriate. Functions as the interface point between CITGO’s customers and CITGO corporate, communicating with various departments that support the branded Distributor and coordinates activities between these groups.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
High level of knowledge in branded gasoline and distributor sales, and marketing.
Sound knowledge of financial/operational processes and strategies.
Basic computer skills required.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is: 8 yrs minimum with a degree or 12 years minimum if no degree
1. Solicit and manage sales to light oils customers within assigned territory to maximize EVA and meet sales objectives while retaining exisitng business, securing new business and handle customer needs. Evaluates CITGO’s strengths and weaknesses in the market to capitalize on sales opportunities. .
2. Maximize profitable CITGO branded contract sales and profit by evaluation of marketers, combined with the evaluation of retail sites and coresponding supply points to generate maximum NPV, IRR and EVA.
3. Recommend for approval or disapproval the branding of marketer retail outlets in accordance with image and cost objectives. Develops territory business plans and sets objectives by customer. Attain marketer agreement to develop and support marketing plans and objectives to the mutual benefit of CITGO and the customer. Follow up on these plans and bring them to a satisfactory conclusion.
4. Facilitate accurate, timely & effective communication between CITGO and our customers. Prioritize and manage time to meet the established objectives, including various administrative and communication responsibilities through the phone, fax, e-mail and written. Exhibit excellent oral & written skills combined with the required computer skills needed to communicate effectively.
5. Monitor review and negotiate contracts for management approval in accordance with long and short range goals to meet sales and profit objectives. including maintaining ratable contract sales and selected non-contract distillate sales.
6. Manage CITGO’s financial resources, including expense budgets, branding budgets, goodwill budget, company car and other assets. With the direction of the Region Manager, negotiate and review contracts, monitor Image Value Program, initiate Competitive Allowance Program for submission to management in keeping with the long range Go To Market strategy necessary to meet Image Allowance budget, sales and profit objectives.
7. Obtain and furnish competitive information including pricng, programs and policies. Studies competition to understand the marketplace and communicates changes in programs, prices, and philosophies to CITGO management. Make recommendations to management on appropriate actions by CITGO Marketing to maintain competitiveness.
8. Participate in approved state and regional activities that are pertinent to our industry and of benefit to CITGO.