This individual is responsible for managing the strategic planning, marketing program development, business to business communications, research initiatives, budgets and special projects of the Lubricants brand development department. This individual is responsible for interacting with all Lubricants departments, other Marketing departments, internal service providers and external suppliers to ensure optimal Lubricants program development and consistent communications, as well as facilitate timely and effective delivery of programs and information to our Lubricants Marketers.
Excellent oral and written communication skills required with Advertising and Public Relations experience.
Must be able to handle multiple projects and priorities on a daily basis. Proficiency in SAP, Excel and Word required.
Excellent organization skills required.
College Degree (Bachelors Level) required
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 8 years of experience
1. Manage development and implementation of all Lubricant marketing programs for CITGO, Mystik and Clarion lubricants, including but not limited to: Business Development Fund, Volume Incentive Program, Go for the Green, Marketer Employee Incentive Program, and Marketer Incentive Trip. Manage program administration to ensure timely completion of payments, reimbursements and other program processing.
2. Oversee development of all Lubricants communications, including brochures, product information sheets, Lubes Smarts, MarketNet, sales and program guides, etc. Manage the development and implementation of a marketing communications/public relations campaign for Lubricants to position CITGO, Mystik and Clarion lubricant products and personnel as leaders in their respective markets.
3. Manage the development and implementation of a national and/or trade advertising campaign for Lubricants to support desired sales growth targets as well as achieving desired brand equity.
4. Manage trade shows and related materials (tradeshow booths, giveaways, graphics etc.) to effectively aid in the sale of CITGO’s Lubricant products and brands. Strategically plan for and participate in industry events, customer outings and company functions in support of Lubricants’ business objectives and growth strategies.
5. Present Lubricants marketing and advertising programs to Territory Sales Managers, Region Managers, Marketers, etc. at sales meetings, marketer meetings, roundtables, and other functions where such training is required. Ensure programs and promotions are utilized to their fullest potential to achieve desired sales goals.
6. Oversee competitive programs and product offering to ensure CITGO continues to have competitive programs. Communicate and disseminate information on Lubricants marketing programs to company personnel, marketers and retailers.
7. Represent Brand Development in all Lubricants-related meetings, including weekly Lubes Business Unit meeting and various program/product specific meetings with Lubricants management and product managers.
8. Develop and monitor budgets for Lubricants marketing and advertising programs. Direct and manage personnel development program for department to ensure that we have high quality individuals with the skills required to take CITGO to the next level of performance. Plan and direct work of department to ensure client needs are met. Review candidates to fill vacancies. Conduct performance reviews and recommend salary increases and bonus payments.