Evaluate, negotiate and resolve demurrage claims filed against CITGO. Prepare demurrage claims to CITGO's customers and suppliers in order to recover demurrage incurred by CITGO. Analyze contractual arrangements and cargo transfer operations to identify demurrage issues and advise appropriate parties in order to help avoid demurrage. Confer with traders, schedulers and terminal operations personnel to raise the level of demurrage awareness. Work with Credit,customers, and Suppliers to maintain current account receivables.
1. Analyze and evaluate demurrage claims from vessel owners made against CITGO to determine validity and accuracy. Develop sound defendable arguments for rejecting or negotiating reductions based upon supporting legal precedence and binding contracts. Implement and uphold CITGO's rights and obligations under the applicable contract language. Determine the locations and classify the reasons demurrage was incurred. This requires review and interpretation of the contractual agreements between all parties involved. Review of various data supplied through SAP is also required. If discrepancies are found, negotiate with claimant and follow to conclusion. Accurately code and approve for payment processing.
2. Responsible for preparation of new claims to CITGO's customers and suppliers in order to recover demurrage incurred by CITGO including the recovery of time charter daily hire expenses. Assist credit by interpreting complex events occurring during the course of a voyage and explaining to credit personnel and their counterparts.
3. Responsible for consulting and advising others in contractual analysis of General Terms and Conditions and Marine Provisions in order to avoid or minimize demurrage on subsequent cargo transfers.
4. Evaluates information within SAP and other software tools to seek, find and eliminate waste through enhanced efficiency by creation, change and/or elimination of obsolete processes. Evaluates on an ongoing basis to continue maximum efficiency in an ever changing business environment.
5. Facilitate and/or participate in the tracking of demurrage and works with other departments in a team environment to alleviate or alter activities and/or tasks that increase demurrage where applicable.
6. Communicates with a variety of personnel and audiences, including all levels of management, from Finance, IT, Refining, Creative services, Planning and Economics, Crude/Product supply and other work groups to develop recommendations for presentation to management.
7. Manage/perform demurrage analysis to determine economic impact and develop recommendations. Formats and analyzes data. Presents results/conclusions by using reports, charts or oral format, as required. Utilizes knowledge of demurrage and marine operations and their interrelationships to act as an analytical resource for management.
8. Participate in special projects and assignments involving Marine Accounting, IT, Refining, Planning and Economics, Crude/Product supply and other work groups through out CITGO