As part of the audit team, the IT Senior Auditor is responsible for conducting and documenting multiple complex IT audit assignments in the areas of operating systems and software, IT general controls including security, SAP, and technical infrastructure (hardware, communications, firewalls, etc.). Responsibilities include: understanding and evaluating company business processes through the performance of interviews, process walkthroughs, and documentation of process narratives and/or flowcharts. Review and evaluate internal controls associated with each assigned project. Develop audit programs, conduct test work, support audit workpapers and conclusions and evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
• Strong analytical, written communication, interpersonal, listening, interviewing, and presentation skills.
• Strong documentation skills, including process walkthroughs, narratives/flow charts and transactional testing.
• Prioritize work when given multiple projects and work with limited supervision.
• Advance Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word skills and ability to maintain skills as technology changes.
• Detail and deadline oriented.
• Strong relationship skills.
• Understanding of IT auditing techniques and solid understanding of data analysis.
• SAP Knowledge
• Baseline understanding of fraud prevention/detection/awareness/auditing techniques.
• Willing to travel domestically, up to 25%.
College Degree BA/BS
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 4
1. Execute internal audits of the Company functions, processes, and control activities to ensure reliability and integrity of information, compliance with policies and procedures, and achievement of operational goals and objectives.
2. Support the annual internal audit plan by preparing audit programs and work papers, walkthroughs, executing internal control testing, substantive procedures, and other special reviews/consulting engagements for financial, operational, compliance, and/or information technology (IT) projects.
3. Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team leader in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality of the deliverables. Monitor and review job progresses and workpapers to ensure accurate and timely completion of audit project.
4. Provide verbal and written recommendations to management on process and internal controls improvements.
5. Prepare audit report and ensure audit findings and recommendations are practical and sustainable. Validate all exceptions with process owners and the Business Unit Management.
6. Assist in training, motivating, and developing corporate auditors.
7. Perform follow-ups on audit observations and management actions.
8. Prepare and provide ad-hoc analyses and reports on business transactional data.