Employee is responsible to lead Procurement or assist Procurement Management in the processes to improve controls, minimize cost, streamline workflow, and improve performance in order to advance CITGO Procurement department in the competitive Oil and Gas industry.
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of experience. If no degree, then 10 years of experience required.
1. Evaluate Procurement department/company processes on an ongoing basis in an effort to implement/redesign processes to improve controls, minimize cost, reduce turn-around times, streamline work flow, and overall, to provide a quality, proactive, value-added, and seamless service to internal customers. Lead and/or participate in the design, development, and enhancement of automated systems and tools to meet business objectives. Monitors IT and Procurement issues daily through various tools to analyze trends that influence the effectiveness of the Procurement department. Recommends actions required to mitigate Procurement issues to Management, Buyers, and other Corporate Departments through training, process change, or system design.
2. Responsible for providing and developing periodic and ad hoc reporting to the various Procurement groups and Procurement Leadership Team. The reporting includes monthly Procurement KPI data and MAM data, quarterly CITGO Control reporting, spend reports, and various other reporting as needed. Custom reporting from SAP is a high priority on an “as needed” basis for the entire Procurement Department. Analysis of Procurement trends and data is also required and reported to management as needed or to recommend department changes.
3. Requires participation in all SAP upgrades and testing for the Procurement modules. SAP testing includes new SAP functionality, enhancements, and bug fixes. Additionally, will provide the communication necessary to convey business requirements of Procurement/Accounting to the CITGO IT SAP Development IT groups for CITGO customized SAP improvements/enhancements.
4. Provides training to Procurement personnel to insure understanding of CITGO Procurement Processes. Training includes basic Procurement functions to the training required for implementation of new processes or program. Facilitates any site visits by the Optimization group and or provide specific training as needed. Attends industry Procurement or Technology meetings to enhance knowledge of Procurement trends and to assess the needs of CITGO Procurement.
5. Communicates changes to processes, procedures, best practices, and general information to the Procurement department ensuring clear understanding. Manages the CITGO Procurement SharePoint sites and documents communications are filed appropriately in the SharePoint site for future reference. Develops written procedures where lacking and/or updates existing procedures where outdated. Serves in a consulting/advisory capacity and as liaison to other Corporate departments.