The primary function of this position is to perform in-depth fundamental supply and demand analysis around the key drivers impacting CITGO’s profitability. Analysis includes but is not limited to the identification of key market drivers, the building of data capture systems around those drivers, the evaluation and consolidation of data into a logical point of view, the internal communication of that point of view and translation of point of view into a price set.
Must be a details oriented logical thinker in oil industry economics with the ability to apply analytical tools and techniques to transform data into actionable knowledge. Must have understanding of Refining process.
Bachelor’s degree required.
5 - 10 years of job related experience.
1. Define the market supply/demand factors and relationships that are key to CITGO’s profitability. This would include factors and relationships not only impacting pricing of CITGO’s raw materials and end products, but also those related to refining, transportation and other segments of the supply chain.
2. Access, modify or develop reliable knowledge capture systems related to the key market risks identified. This would include understanding current system availability and data sources, defining system and data needs for the future, evaluating various data sources, and implementing a plan to capture the data and knowledge required to analyze key market components and relationships.
3. Strong analysis of various consultant market supply/demand information and pricing. Utilize external resources to further support analysis work. Using own expertise and in-depth fundamental analysis of market supply/demand factors along with consultants and Sr. Economics and Planning Analysts to formulate CITGO’s point of view of the business environment and translate into an MTP and Budget price set to support business decision-making .
4. Develop point of view on industry and environment related to topics requested by senior management.
5. Maintain key trade flow information, production and other supply knowledge, and critical demand data into logical and internally consistent points of view and market outlooks.
6. Lead the effort to identify strategies, develop action plans and recommendations based on market analysis performed and present that information to other key personnel in the CITGO organization.
7. Provide data and analytical support to PDVSA special requests on an as needed basis.
8. Provide leadership in the coordination and implementation of special projects originating from the CEO, members of his executive team, Assistant VP of Strategic & Corporate Planning or Corporate Planning initiative. Manage the completion of projects as assigned. This may include analysis, follow up, and leadership of project teams, coordination of project plans, development of communications plans and ongoing project management to effect a timely and substantive achievement of project goals.