The Digital/Web Properties Manager position manages the entire eco-system of CITGO digital properties (corporate, light oils and lubes), ensuring the strategic alignment of messaging, content and imagery that positively promotes the image, reputation and marketing brands of CITGO Petroleum Corporation. As the external faces of the company and brand, executive management requires dedicated attention to the sites regarding functionality, content and look/feel. Partners with internal clients and stakeholders to develop web strategies and web-based solutions, ensuring alignment with corporate wide tactical and strategic objectives. Actively work with IT Security to ensure all third-party service providers, software and other web services are in security compliance in order to protect CITGO information and data. Enforces digital and web governance to ensure proper use of content, standards and digital branding.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, e-business or business administration. Must have broad business perspective, project/process management, & excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff.
Successful track record of providing a choice of integrated delivery channels to customers, with specific focus on web based technologies.
Strategic thinking, planning, research/analytical background required.
5-10 years of marketing, digital management and/or business administration or communications. Years of higher education will be considered equivalent to experience.
1. Plans, directs and manages the development and implementation of digital, web and electronic communications strategies for corporate and key clients, including light oils and lubricants. Strategic initiatives include content strategy (copy and design), supporting research (online consumer research, web analytics and usability studies) IT coordination regarding development, consumer/end-user support (roles identification, help documents) and results measurement. Implements and manages web content plans that adhere to corporate standards and guidelines, usability and information architecture for all CITGO web properties (see web ecosystem). Manages content distribution through appropriate digital communication channels, including but not limited to DTN, email and apps. Advises business units in decisions related to the strategic use of the internet for evolving business models. Manages daily relationship and CITGO workload with external digital/production agencies (ex: Archer Malmo, Blue Modus, etc.).
2. Develops innovative web strategies based on research of key trends and best practices. Recommend and lead implementation of innovative web-based solutions to enhance/automate business processes for the marketing organization, with specific focus on revenue enhancement, operations efficiency and cost reduction (ex: online catalog for lubes literature and ad share/asset management tool for light oils Marketers). Source and secure new technologies, including web content management system (WCM), digital asset management system (DAM), email service providers and marketing automation platforms. This requires working knowledge of .net and java technologies to be able to interface with vendors, IT and procurement. Sourcing new technologies requires management of capital project plans and funds between $500M and $1MM. Proactively tracks and analyzes market research and web analytics and utilizes findings to implement new or adjust current strategies for integrated corporate and marketing activities. Utilizes learnings from established metrics to make informed decisions/course corrections in order to achieve established goals and objectives.
3. Develops and publishes internet governance documents, including guidelines for building websites, content management, content presentation, ADA compliance and security measures in order to maintain the CITGO digital brand and identity. Ensure/maintain compliance of all websites with accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and GDPR requirements, which requires working knowledge of best practices and solutions. Implements and enforces brand alignment recommendations on the internet, intranet and MarketNet. Ensures the CITGO overall web presence meets the corporate, business and digital brand/identity requirements. Oversees implementation/transfer of every CITGO website (see web ecosystem) to new WCM system, interfacing with IT on security and technical issues, implementation agencies and content providers to ensure established technologies are successfully integrated with newer platform functions. Manage new WCM system within the digital ecosystem, including training content owners and troubleshooting issues with IT.
4. Lead critical strategic partnership negotiations and executions. Establish and manage business partnerships in support of CITGO digital and web strategies. Evaluate strategic alliances with value chain partners and coordinate approved partnerships across initiatives. Represent CITGO in energy industry benchmark activities, which requires strong leadership, organization, formal presentation and facilitation skills.
5. Lead/manage procurement in the development and administration of applicable contracts, including defining technical requirements and scopes of work, providing input into supplier selection, including performance evaluation and identifying contract requirements. Also, review and determine applicability of vendor offerings, ascertaining level of interest and making recommendations on which to pursue.