Provides business process analysis along with information system support and development services in a team-oriented environment. Responsible for continuing self-development along with task planning and leadership. Functions with limited supervision.
Using business and technical experience, this position provides business process analysis, process design and consulting services along with system support and development services to the Finance & Administration and Supply & Marketing organizations. Business areas include Terminals and Pipeline, Marketing Pricing, Product Supply & Distribution, Revenue Accounting and Exchange & Inventory Control supported by core and custom SAP and third party applications. Additional job responsibilities include systems configuration, technical development and support activities, support of master data where applicable and relationship and resource management with third party vendors and internal business customers.
The Information Analyst works as a technical analyst using Microsoft Windows OS Administration / Management, SQL & SQL Plus, Sequel Server and basic networking and telecommunications as the primary technologies. Primary responsibilities of this position will be in the terminal automation and data gathering systems. Some exposure to SAP SD module, date interface methods, basic inventory accounting, allocation control and customer information management in a 24x7 real time application environment will be included in related job functions. Rotational on-call is a part of this position.
Requires a college degree and minimum of 3 years (or 7 years in lieu of degree) of technical development and/or support experience or actual terminal automation experience in a 24x7 real time application, data center or terminal field environment.
Current business or technical knowledge in two or more of the following is required: Terminal Automation, inventory accounting, allocation control, networking or telecommunications, SQL Server database, distributed systems engineering, and/or workstations technical support.
Requires expressed desire and willingness to build both functional and technical knowledge as needed to provide high-levels of support to our business units.
MS Office Suite is required.
1. Analysis – Collaborate with process owners to analyze business processes and propose process improvements enabled by information technology. Participate in value proposition development.
2. Design and development – Based on analysis described in Part 1, develop technical designs and implement software solutions to support business process improvements. Development may include custom programming using CITGO approved development tools and/or package software configuration.
3. Planning – Formulate, communicate and execute project plans, with limited supervision. Provide input for project and departmental budget development.
4. Team Leadership – Collaborate with project team members. Plan and direct activities of team members when appropriate. Prepare and execute oral and written communications. Act as a project team spokesperson.
5. System Support – Anticipate and investigate production system problems/questions ascertaining root cause and corrective action needed. Design, develop, test and implement corrective action.
6. Training – Plan, prepare and deliver appropriate training to end-users.
7. Professional Development – Develop technical skill sets, leadership skills, presentation skills, business area knowledge and independent thinking/decision making abilities on an ongoing basis. Stay abreast of technology innovation and its applicability to CITGO's business.
Gain detailed knowledge of CITGO Business processes in specific areas of responsibility including interaction(s) with other business processes.