Headquartered in Houston, CITGO is a well-known brand and a recognized leader in the refining industry. CITGO operates three refineries located in Corpus Christi, Texas; Lake Charles, La; and Lemont, Ill. The company also has 48 terminals and 9 pipelines that are wholly and/or jointly owned, as well as three lubricants blending and packaging plants. With a combined crude capacity of 749,000 barrels-per-day (bpd), CITGO is ranked as the fifth-largest, and one of the most complex independent refiners in the United States. CITGO also transports and markets transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products.
JOB LOCATION: Lake Charles, LA - Warm welcomes await in Southwest Louisiana/Lake Charles! With over 75 fairs and festivals, it’s a year round celebration of rich and spicy food, music and culture. The Sportsman’s Paradise is perfect for enjoying boating, fishing, swimming, water-skiing, and our five beautiful golf courses, including a Tom Fazio-designed championship golf course! Southwest Louisiana offers the best in duck and goose hunting and a variety of other wild game.
* Responsible for tracking and analyzing safety data. Assist in hazard recognition audits for report submittal to management. Work very closely with the Safety Department on safety project reviews. Assist in analyzing data for the fire protection system.
* Presentation at end of term expected.
* Flexible co-op terms are available; however alternating co-op semesters are not guaranteed and are conditional upon individual performance and position availability within the hiring department.
CITGO’S ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS:
* Sliding salary scale based on classification
* Relocation assistance available
* Full-time student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Fire & Safety Engineering Technology or Occupational Safety, Health, & Environmental or
* Full-time student pursuing an associate in applied science in Industrial Technology or Fire & Emergency Services
* Must have completed 30 semester hours
* Overall GPA of 3.0 or above (A=4.0) (Must provide proof of current GPA at time of hire to verify education requirements are met)
* Valid driver's license
* Positions available for 2019 Spring, Summer and Fall semesters (one per semester)
* The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a
TWIC card: http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/immigration_eligibility.pdf
To obtain more information on the Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), please visit the Transportation Security Administration’s website: http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/twic_faqs.shtm
Equal Opportunity Employer