Oversee all lubricant communications efforts to maintain consistent interaction with both internal and external customers. Manage the development of all lubricant technical and product literature (printed and electronic), including fact finding, writing, proofing, printing and distribution to meet the goals of the Lubricants Business unit. Oversee advertising and public relations efforts with internal teams and outside agencies including, but not limited to, approvals routing, video and photo shoots, development of promotional materials, press releases, TV, radio, web materials, etc., as assigned to do so. Manage the lubricant literature area of the distribution center through continuous assessment and optimization of the quantity of materials on-hand. Act as content owner and facilitate related web projects for lubes related material on all CITGO websites and lubricant specific micro sites. Incumbent must be a confident communicator and public/group presenter. Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout/design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential. The incumbent must possess a strong ability to present concepts verbally to others in such a way that the audience understands the goal/outcome of the subject project. The communication manager must possess excellent organizational and planning skills as well as superior project management and time management skills. Incumbent must possess strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media and social media. The incumbent is required to simultaneously manage multiple projects, often with competing deadlines, within departmental processes. Other job duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required (marketing or business preferred);
• Strong communication skills, exceptional writing, and superior oral presentation skills.
• Five (5) years of professional experience.
• Experience with business and consumer communications strategy and techniques, budgeting, selling and account management, relationship building, strategic planning and marketing; PR and Ad Agency management (liaison) experience strongly preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products;
1. Oversee all Lubricants internal and external marketing communications and determine the best vehicle to convey messages to the appropriate audience(s). Regularly access, analyze, review and improve all processes related to this function (including, Lubricants literature, internal and external Lubes communication, etc.) to better utilize allotted resources. Incumbent must manage literature, literature production processes and communication efforts to align with overall strategic goals of the Lubricants Business unit.
2. In conjunction with Brand Communications and the Lubricants Business unit, create and maintain all necessary lubricant literature. This process includes fact finding, writing, working with designers on the layout, proofing, printing through external vendors and distributing to internal and external customers.
3. Assist with or sometimes lead the development of advertising and public relations initiatives with outside agencies including, but not limited to, strategy assessment, defining target audiences, providing product specific information as well as video and photo shoots, development of promotional materials, press releases, TV, radio, web materials, requests for information from directory listings, etc. Act as a liaison between agency and Brand Communications department for artwork needs. Proofread and edit advertising and public relations materials ensuring that piece is virtually error-free. Secure all necessary internal and external approvals prior to publication.
4. Act as content owner for Lubricant-related material on all CITGO websites and Lubricant-specific micro sites to ensure content is always up-to-date. Responsible for managing the site locators, as well as facilitating Lubes Business unit related web projects in conjunction with IT, Brand Communications, and outside digital agencies.
5. Manage the lubricant literature area of the distribution center through continuous assessment and optimization of the quantity of materials on-hand. Maintain literature offering and timely uploading of literature and literature images to storefront on internet. Manage bulk tank decal program in the lubricant literature distribution center. Periodically, access, review and adjust inventories. Place new bulk tank decal orders with vendor as needed.
6. Manage the lubricants literature cost center and related administrative functions which includes ensuring contract terms are met, purchase requisitions, invoices, monthly cost center reviews, account reconciliations, accruals, and other related functions.
7. Establish and maintain working relationships with product managers, sales managers, technical personnel, and others to develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of CITGO lubricant products, services and communication and literature needs. Attend technical meetings on an as-needed basis to discuss new products, or enhance lubricant knowledge, etc. Attend meetings and /or make presentations in absence of Manager, Lubricants Program Development or as requested.
8. Manage communications related to marketer salesperson incentives, such as Go for the Green, to effectively communicate reward programs and program winners.