Responsible for Procurement of Goods and Services for Terminals, Pipelines, and Field Support Services. This job's function is to ensure that CITGO procurement policies and procedures are applied in obtaining quality goods and services to meet the internal customer's requirements at the lowest possible total cost. The job involves the selection of vendors, specification of products and services, and issuance of contractual agreements to cover the commercial terms and conditions of the transactions. The job supervises other procurement professionals and interacts regularly with Management and Field Staff, other departments and external vendors.
1. Manage the procurement of materials and services in accordance with company procedures and strategic goals and objectives including maximizing the use of SAP and other systems utilized by department.
2. Supervise the production and activities of purchasing professionals. Provide assistance to buyers.
3. Plan and direct work, provide training, facilitate interaction with other work groups, establish goals and objectives and set performance criteria.
4. Assure in area of responsibility that assigned buyers are trained, following procedures and that process changes are implemented.
5, Handle special projects as requested. Serve as ISN coordinator for procurement.
6. Review and approve major expenditures/bids, rebids and blanket orders based on SOA. Review cases for CPRS system and CPC endorsement.
7. Coordinate finalization of agreements, developments, implementation and consistent application of procurement policies and procedures.
8. Review candidates to fill vacancies, conduct performance reviews, and recommend salary increases and bonus payments.
9. Review the practices of assigned buyers to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.