Using SAP Basis and Oracle Database technical experience; this position provides technical installation, support and consulting services along with systems support and upgrade / development for the CITGO SAP BASIS infrastructure team and internal customers. The technical analyst works in a team-oriented environment whose primary technology platform is SAP BASIS/NetWeaver on Oracle and SAP HANA Databases and AIX/Linux/Windows operating systems. Solutions implemented include R3/ECC6, ESS-Portals, BW, BW-Portals, Solution Manager, BPC/HANA and other SAP platforms.
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of Experience OR HIgh School Diploma and specific work experience plus job related experience.
3-5 years of experience in SAP BASIS NetWeaver installation and support.
3-5 years of experience in Oracle Database installation and technical support activities.
1. System Support – Anticipate and investigate production system problems/questions ascertaining root cause and corrective action needed. Design, develop, test and implement corrective action.
2. Analysis – Collaborate with technical teams and development groups on implementation, tuning and upgrade activities for all SAP environments implemented.
3. Design and development – Establish, track and communicate changes and projects which implement SAP Basis functionality and other technical functions or enhancements.
4. Planning – Assist with the formulation, communication and execution of project plans.
5. Team Leadership – Collaborate with cross functional and technical project team members. Plan and direct activities of team members when appropriate.
6. Training – Plan, prepare and deliver appropriate training and documentation to fellow team members.
7. Professional Development – Develop technical skill sets, leadership skills, presentation skills, business area knowledge and independent thinking/decision making abilities on an ongoing basis. Stay abreast of technology innovation and its applicability to CITGO's business or solutions.
8. Thought Leadership – Initiate and encourage critical analysis of CITGO technical processes. Collaborate with industry groups. Participate in IT strategy development. Act as spokesperson for IT with CITGO management. Gain detailed knowledge of CITGO processes in specific areas of responsibility including interaction(s) with other business processes.