To develop and manage Procurement Services, procedures and processes to obtain quality goods and services expeditiously and efficiently to meet CITGO’s Shareholder requirements. Includes selection of vendors, specification of products and services, bid analysis, understanding export compliance rules/regulations, drafting procurement documents for President/CEO approval, drafting comprehensive status reports and directing third party contractors in the issuance of contractual agreements to cover the commercial terms and conditions of the transactions. Supervise procurement professionals and interact regularly with senior CITGO officers and personnel, Shareholder representatives, other CITGO Departments and external vendors.
College degree plus 4 years experience, or 10 years equivalent experience
1. Manage the procurement of materials and services in accordance with Special Projects Procurement Services procedures.
2. Supervise the production and activities of purchasing professionals.
3. Plan and direct work, provide training, facilitate interaction with other work groups, establish goals and objectives and set performance criteria.
4. Review the practices and completed work of assigned buyers to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
5. Assure that assigned buyers are trained, following procedures, and that process changes are implemented in all areas of responsibility.
6. Coordinate finalization of agreements, development, implementation and consistent application of Special Projects Procurement Services policies and procedures.
7. Review and approve major expenditures, rebids and blanket orders.
8. Review candidates to fill vacancies, conduct performance reviews, and recommend salary increases and bonus payments.