Perform compliance assurance functions and regulatory reporting for EPA programs, state programs, and other government agencies. Compliance assurance functions include performance of regulatory research, assessments of business unit alignment to standards, and participation in compliance program processes. Reporting processes includes gathering data from CITGO business units such as, refineries, T&PL, and supply and CITGO systems such as, SAP and the terminal automation system. Data is aggregated, analyzed, and compared to regulatory limits prior to completion of regulatory reports. Data, analysis, and submitted reports are maintained to meet regulatory and internal recordkeeping requirements. Job requires meeting strict deadlines for regulatory reporting. Develop, leverage, and update, where needed, procedures for all required functions within the job. Communicate results of analysis, comparisons to regulatory limits, procedure needs and support improvements and mitigating actions to align to regulatory requirements. Maintain understanding of current requirements and affected changes through in-house discussions, periodic regulatory reviews online, and associated bulletins. Support internal CITGO programs which utilize available data. Participate in intradepartmental regulatory interpretation discussions and determine where changes may impact department compliance and reporting procedures.
Additionally, this position may be responsible for coordinating and facilitating department management system activities and creating measurement systems to track and report performance.
Degree: College Degree (Bachelors Level).
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is: 2-5 years.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
Experience in the following is considered a plus:
1. Conduct and document moderate analysis and initiate appropriate action based on data gathered for EPA and state programs which may include but is not limited to additive movements, fuel production, fuel distribution, designation, chemical property data results and data sourcing changes. Evaluate and compare to compliance standards to understand and communicate CITGO’s regulatory conformity status to department management. The specialist must be able recognize and initiate action independently. Appropriate action may include but is not limited to the following.
2. Prepare regulatory reports for submittal to external agencies indicating CITGO’s conformity with current Clean Air Act regulations in a manner which is timely, accurate, complete, traceable, and reproducible. Present results/conclusions using reports, charts, or oral format, as required.
3. Perform regulatory research and evaluate proposed state laws, regulations, guidelines, and others as directed, for relevancy to CITGO’s operations. Identify any areas within these laws, regulations or guidelines that will need further definition of impact for additional technical review and update management as to the impact to CITGO. Update and publish the State Fuels Legislative Watch as a source of communication with impacted business units.
4. Organize, compile, evaluate, and monitor progress and/or completion of fuels compliance management system activities. Perform/support and maintain regulatory mapping of regulations to compliance standards. Assist procedure owner in documenting procedures and developing training materials and assessment checklists. Schedule, monitor progress, and send reminders for and resulting action items from assessments, as requested. Facilitate and support documentation of assessments, as needed.
5. Participate in compliance program processes such as RVP conversion cycle, RFGSA, and annual attest performance. Prepare regulatory reports for submittal to external agencies which indicate CITGO’s conformity with current Clean Air Act regulations in a manner which is timely, accurate, complete, traceable, and reproducible. Present results/conclusions using reports, charts, or oral format, as required.
6. Formulate changes to procedures based on changes to instructions, forms, and/or new or changing regulations for area of responsibility. Communicate changes and impact to work processes within reporting group and impacted business units. Prepare recordkeeping documentation to support traceability and audit events. Recordkeeping requires understanding of the regulatory requirements and the application of audit procedures used by the auditors. Prepare and format data to be given to auditors. Initiate process improvement recommendations based on learning from each reporting period.
7. Develop ad hoc internal CITGO reporting and information sharing needs where data is within the area of responsibility. Utilize knowledge to act as an analytical resource for management. Some discretion, evaluation and creative thinking are required.
8. Perform and/or support the department as directed by department management.