Headquartered in Houston, Texas, CITGO Petroleum Corporation is a recognized leader in the refining industry with a well-known brand. CITGO operates three refineries located in Corpus Christi, Texas; Lake Charles, La.; and Lemont, Ill., and wholly and/or jointly owns 45 terminals, nine pipelines and three lubricants blending and packaging plants. With approximately 3,400 employees and a combined crude capacity of approximately 749,000 barrels-per-day (bpd), CITGO is ranked as the fifth-largest, and one of the most complex independent refiners in the United States. CITGO transports and markets transportation fuels, lubricants, petrochemicals and other industrial products and supplies a network of approximately 4,800 locally owned and operated branded retail outlets in 30 states and the District of Columbia. CITGO Petroleum Corporation is owned by CITGO Holding, Inc. For more information, visit www.CITGO.com.
The CC Nurse Practitioner directs and leads the overall operations of the Health Services department in accordance with federal, state and local standards. The Nurse Practitioner will lead the Health Services team to improve employee’s health outlook and bio-metrics. The position will assess, evaluate and prescribe and/or recommend medical care for occupational and non-occupational illnesses and injuries. This position serves as the subject matter expert to: Human Resources, Safety, Legal, Risk Management, Industrial Hygiene and all other refinery departments on all Health Services related policies and issues. The Nurse Practitioner collaborates with HR, Legal, and Business units to review, develop and implement policies and procedures. Executes compliance with OHSA, PHMSA, FMCSA, FAA, ADA, FMLA, HIPPA, CITGO and state requirements; Monitors quality and ensures compliance with internal/external local, state and federal audits. This position is responsible for annual budget forecasting, oversight and cost-containment utilizing company Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP).
*CITGO is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Master's degree or higher in Nursing with Board Certified Nurse Practitioner, plus five (5) years experience as Registered Nurse in primary care or emergency setting and 2 years as a Nurse Practitioner in a primary care setting.
COHN-S, certification pursuant to US DOT requirements for urine drug screen collections and breathe alcohol screening
CAOHC hearing conservation certification,
Pulmonary Function testing certification and experience with FIT testing
Proficiency with SAP, Microsoft office and electrionic medical records.
Candidates must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credentials Card)
2-3 years as an Occupational Health Nurse.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: The Maritime Transportation Security Act requires all persons who will need unescorted access to a regulated facility to have a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC), issued in accordance with the rules established by the United States Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration. Candidates selected for employment must meet eligibility criteria to obtain a TWIC card.
The following link lists the eligible criteria for all persons trying to obtain a TWIC card: https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/
*Must have current valid drivers license.*
CITGO’s ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS: Health, Wellness, Life, 401k, pension plans, educational assistance, dependent children scholarships, employee discount programs - * Sliding salary scale based on classification * Flexible work schedule (9-80). Notice – benefits may vary by location and position.
1. Assess, evaluate, diagnosis, and develop treatment plans for occupational and non-occupational illness and injuries utilizing education and training as Advanced Practice Nurse with supervision of Medical Doctor. Collaborate with supervising physician for chart sign-offs for compliance with scope of practice outlined in collaborative agreement. Maintain DEA, Control Substance License, and NPI.
2. Provide expertise and knowledge regarding: OSHA guidelines, drug and alcohol testing, PHMSA, FCMSA regulations, certifying FML, qualifying ADA and maintaining HIPPA compliance; oversight of ESIS cases and state requirements.
3. On call duties to include after normal business hours to manage CITGO work related injury/illnesses and to respond to the demands of a 24/7 refinery operation.
4. Administer Drug and Alcohol Program to comply with CITGO Company Policies, as well as, DOT requirements. Function as DER (Designated Employee Representative) and coordinate with HR, Supervisors to report results as appropriate..
5. Actively lead Health Services Team to provide efficient, consistent compliances approaches and excellence in care by:
a. Monitoring regulatory developments and interpreting new occupational health legislation, regulations and industry standards to determine the appropriate means of compliance for assigned business units, and;
b. Coordinating development, review and, as necessary, revision of corporate policies and standards related to health services.
6. Annual budget forecasting, oversight and cost-containment utilizing company Enterprise Resource Planning.
7. Complete medical examinations (OSHA regulatory physicals, hearing, pulmonary and pre-placements) for assigned business units using quality, cost-effective methods for program delivery as needed to determine Fit-for-Duty.
8. Provide occupational health support for Crisis Management Team and emergency response situations.